Friday, January 10, 2014

Why Buy A Five Year Old A I Pod Touch, Should Kids Under Ten Have a I Pod, Why Buy A Five Year Old A I Pod Touch, Should Kids Under Ten Have a I Pod

 Should young kids have a IPod? What age is too young to have a IPod? Those are just some of the questions I was asking my self, when my seven year old son asked me for a IPod for Christmas. One of the main reasons why I was asking my self these questions is because what ever I buy my seven year old I have to buy my five year old too. When my son first asked me about getting him a IPod Touch, I was think he must be crazy because I see him playing a few games on it for a few days and then stop play with it.

 After thinking about getting them both a IPod Touch, I did buy them both one for Christmas. On Christmas day, I set up there IPods and downloaded a few games. Then I let them start playing with the IPods. For the first few hours they were playing and having fun with them. Actually they liked them so much that those few hours they were playing with them in there bedroom and for the first time in a while, they were not fighting with each other or carrying on. They were so quiet, you would not even have known they were even in there room.

 Well after they were playing in there bedrooms for hours, they wanted me to download more apps on there IPod Touch. While searching through the app store I found a few more apps that I liked. I found a light (IPod is used as a flashlight), YouTube and texting. I took some time showing them how to use the new things I put on there IPod, once they learned it they liked those too.

 After a while watching them use there IPod, I learned that it was a really good idea to get them the IPods. I am not real big on the games on there but I do find my self using the flashlight a lot. I thought my kids was too young to text but there fast learners. Them having the ability to text means they can text there mother when ever they want to talk to her. Them using YouTube is a good thing too. My seven year old likes to watch videos on taking things apart. The thing I like the most about them using there IPods is YouTube and texting, it helps them with spelling. I have watched there vocabulary expand. Them typing on the keyboard not only helps them spell but it also lets them get used to the keyboard its self.

 My opinion is that the IPod can be a good thing for kids. Like any good thing, there needs to be limitations. You need to limit the time on the game playing and make sure what ever your child is viewing is for your kids age group. Also, you may want to get a case for the IPod, kids do tend to break things.

No comments:

Post a Comment